ACTA Announces 2017 ACTA/Air Canada Awards
Another year has gone by and its the time of year to recognize our members as being some of the best in the Canadian retail travel industry. We are presenting the ACTA Air Canada Awards in order to showcase the accomplishments and dedication of ACTA members. These Awards will be given to those who have proven their excellence across a broad range of categories and recipients will be selected by a panel of jurors appointed by ACTA. The ACTA Air Canada Awards will be given out to the recipients in an Awards ceremony held at Travel MarketPlace trade conference, in Toronto, on June 13, 2017.
The six ACTA Air Canada Awards have been chosen as they illustrate the successes of ACTA member agencies and the passionate Travel Agents who assist in the creation of those successes. The six categories are:
- Leisure Travel Agent - Recognizes a Travel Agent who shows versatility and has extensive knowledge of many travel options available to their clients. This individual has the ability to keep the client excited about planning their dream holiday and always delivers.
- Corporate Travel Agent - Recognizes a Travel Agent who delivers excellent service to clients, living up to expectations and demands in a timely and efficient manner. This individual must have a good understanding of client's needs from a global perspective including, destination knowledge, policies, visas, and many other travel requirements.
- Tomorrow's Leader - Recognizes a young potential leader who has shown divested interest in issues that influence the future of travel and who is a role model for other young professionals.
- Maguire-Wamsley Award - Recognizes the individual who achieves the highest combined mark on the ACTA Certified Travel Manager (CTM) exam and case studies who also works in an ACTA member agency.
- Ches Chard Award - This Award was established in memory of Ches Chard. Ches played a key role in developing numerous educational programs within the industry and was instrumental in establishing the first travel school in the Atlantic Provinces.
The recipient will be an individual, a travel agency, or a group of travel agencies that has demonstrated a significant commitment to professionalism, education and training and excellence in human resources management.
- Gerald Heifetz Trailblazer Award - This Award was established in memory of Gerald Heifetz. Gerald helped travel agents, business people and countless struggling immigrants through his law practice. He was instrumental in the foundation of ACTA and CITC. Along the way he established many of the laws that today, govern the Canadian travel and airline industry.
The recipient will be an individual or organization who in the most recent year has had the greatest positive impact on the role, status and condition of the Canadian Travel Industry.
We hope you will join us. Please contact us if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you at the event!