Are you selling travel insurance to residents of British Columbia or Saskatchewan?

Travel Agents that are transacting and selling travel insurance to residents of Saskatchewan or British Columbia must pass the applicable provincial exam (SK or BC).  Travel insurance includes cancellation, baggage and out of province medical.   If you have clients departing from Saskatchewan or BC – this will effect you!

The General Insurance Council of Saskatchewan (GICS) and the Insurance Council of British Columbia sets standards for applicants and licensees in the insurance industry that promote professionalism, competence and integrity.   For each of these provinces an exam must be written.  ACTA administers both provincial travel insurance exams.

For detailed information please refer to the following links on the ACTA website.