IATA travel agents: important information for reducing ADMs and fraud!
Dear Valued Partner,
For ALL IATA travel agents who use or are contemplating using online or e-commerce transactions conducted electronically through the internet to process card non-present BSP transactions, please be informed that 3DS reporting capabilities are now reported in production in ALL BSPs!
What does this mean?
- 3DS authentication allows a fraud liability shift from the merchant to the card issuer, reducing significantly the risk of ADMs (Agency Debit Memos).
What do you need to do?
- Please forward this message to your IT/Finance department.
- If you as an Agent are interested in authenticating the card paying client on behalf of the airline and then reporting the result of that authentication, please contact your local GDS.
- Also, please contact your payment service provider to ensure the right infrastructure is in place to generate the authentication sequence.
Additional information can also be found on www.iata.org/dish including the following documentation:
- DISH 23.0 Handbook
- Correction Bulletin to the published DISH 23.0 version
- DISH 23.0 Implementation Plan
- Frequently Asked Questions on the DISH 23.0 Project
We are working hard towards service excellence, one step at a time…