Another year has come and again we would like to recognize our members as being some of the best in the Canadian retail travel industry. We are presenting the ACTA Air Canada Awards in order to showcase the accomplishments and dedication of ACTA members. These Awards will be given to those who have proven their excellence across a broad range of categories and recipients will be selected by a panel of jurors appointed by ACTA. The ACTA Air Canada Awards will be given out to the recipients in an Awards ceremony held at Travel MarketPlace, in Toronto, on June 12th, 2019.
The six ACTA Air Canada Awards have been chosen as they illustrate the successes of ACTA member agencies and the passionate Travel Agents who assist in the creation of those successes. The six categories are:
(1) Leisure Travel Agent - Recognizes a Travel Agent who shows versatility, innovation and has extensive knowledge of many travel options available to their clients. This individual has exemplary customer service skills, the ability to keep the client excited about planning their dream holiday, and always delivers.
(2) Corporate Travel Agent - Recognizes a Travel Agent who delivers excellent service to clients, living up to expectations and demands in a timely and efficient manner. This individual must have an excellent understanding of client's needs from a global perspective, including transportation, destination knowledge, policies, visas, and many other travel requirements.
(3) Tomorrow’s Leader - Recognizes a young professional who shows potential as a leader of our industry. The individual will have a keen interest in issues that influence the future of travel and is a role model for other young professionals.
(4) Maguire-Wamsley Award - Recognizes the individual who achieves the highest combined mark on the ACTA Certified Travel Manager (CTM) exam and case studies, who also works in an ACTA member agency.
(5) Ches Chard Award - This Award was established in memory of Ches Chard. Ches played a key role in developing numerous educational programs within the industry and was instrumental in establishing the first travel school in the Atlantic Provinces.
The recipient will be an individual, a travel agency or a group of travel agencies that has demonstrated a significant commitment to professionalism, education and training and excellence in human resources management.
(6) Gerald Heifetz Trailblazer Award - This Award was established in memory of Gerald Heifetz. Gerald helped travel agents, business people and countless struggling immigrants through his law practice. He was instrumental in the foundation of ACTA and CITC.
He established many of the laws that currently govern the Canadian travel and airline industry.
The recipient will be an individual or organization who in the most recent year has had a significant and positive impact on the role, status and sustainability of the Canadian Travel Industry.
Criteria for each of the categories can be found here.