1. What do I need enter or depart the United States within the Western hemisphere?

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) requires all citizens of the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Bermuda to have a passport or other accepted document that establishes the bearer's identity and nationality to enter or depart the United States from within the Western Hemisphere.
Full details can be found here.

2. What documents do I require as a Canadian travelling by air, to, through or from the United States?

Canadian citizens travelling by air to, through or from the United States must present one of the following valid documents:

A passport; or a NEXUS card when used at kiosks in participating airports.
This requirement applies to all Canadian citizens, regardless of age, including children.

3. What documents do I require as a Canadian travelling by land or water, to, through or from the United States?

Entering the United States by land or water? Since January 31, 2008, the WHTI requires Canadian citizens to present:
A government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's licence AND a birth certificate or a Canadian citizenship card; or a valid passport; or a NEXUS card; or a Free and Secure Trade (FAST) card; or an enhanced driver's licence (EDL) or an enhanced identification card (EIC) from a province or territory where a U.S. approved EDL/EIC program has been implemented; or a Certificate of Indian Status card; or for youth 18 and under, a proof of citizenship only (such as a birth certificate). See Passport and Travel documents for full details.

4. How do I make sure pets are kept safe from harm and injury when travelling by land, air or sea.

It is always a good idea to check the health of your pet before any long trip to make sure it is fit to travel. Health certificates or other documentation may be required when taking your pet on an airplane or to another country, including the United States. Find out in advance what will be required. Review the brochure issued by Canada's food and inspection agency here.

*Haven't found what you are looking for? Email your question to info@acta.ca.