Educate and Elevate – industry standards and professionalism through certification, accreditation and other learning opportunities
ACTA’s education efforts and activities are ongoing. The following information is an update on the initiatives in effect for ACTA Members to access and participate in to keep educated and updated in the travel industry.
- Catering to travel professionals and suppliers alike, the Travel MarketPlace Conference provides the education, training and networking opportunities needed to grow your business. In 2019, the conference will take place in Vancouver February 20 and 21, and in Toronto June 12 and 13. Learn from dynamic industry and motivational speakers on how to become more profitable while keeping today’s consumer satisfied. For more information go to: http://www.travelmarketplace.com/
- GET CERTIFIED! The Certified Travel Counsellor (CTC) and Certified Travel Manager (CTM) exam preparation courses are available online on the ACTA Campus. Completing the modules will help to prepare you to write the exams which are a required step to receiving your professional designation. The CTC and CTM Professional Designations are recognized throughout Canada. Certification recognizes an individual's competence in their occupation and provides a marketable credential to use. Counsellors with a CTC (Certified Travel Counsellor) and managers with their CTM (Certified Travel Manager) designation are recognized as being among the highest qualified travel professionals. MORE INFO
- The ACTA Campus is your direct link to enroll, register and write the SK and BC Insurance online licensing exams. Travel Agents in Canada selling travel insurance to clients in the province of BC and SK are required to be licensed by the Insurance Council within the respective province. ACTA offers all that you need to comply with this regulation and become licensed. MORE INFO
- Become an Air Canada Expert by earning your ACE Certification on the ACTA Campus! Explore and learn all about the Air Canada family, destinations, products and services through the ACTA Campus. Travel Agents can now complete the Air Canada Global Sales University curriculum and becoming a Certified Air Canada Expert (ACE). MORE INFO
- ACTA keeps you informed on what is going on in the industry through informative webinars that cover topics relevant to you such as PCI Compliance, Fraud Prevention, Social Media and Selling Travel. Webinar topics inform you about important information including Travel Health Insurance, Destination and Supplier updates and trainings. For the complete webinar calendar please click here.