The Certified Travel Counsellor (CTC) Certification is based on an individual’s ability to have the knowledge and be able to perform the tasks required to meet travel industry expectations for employment. These tasks are defined in the Occupational Standards for Travel Counselling that were developed in conjunction with the Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council (CTHRC) using the emerit™ brand. The Occupational Standards are broken down into 4 major categories – each of which identifies general activities within the occupation. These categories are:
- Client Service
- Sales Travel Products
BENEFITS OF CERTIFICATION
- Proven professional achievement
- Attests to the integrity of your knowledge and skills
- Established professional credentials
- Greater professional recognition
- Demonstrates leadership an excellence
- Powerful marketing tool
- Qualifies you for an ACTA Membership Card
- Access to member only content
- Savings on ACTA conferences and events
BENEFITS TO CERTIFIED MEMBERS OF ACTA
As a Member of ACTA holding the professional designation of Certified Travel Counselor (CTC) you have access to the following resources:
Marketing Positioning and Visibility
- Graduate certificate to hang proudly in your office.
- CTC/CTM designation and logo available for your signature and correspondence.
- Make a statement to consumers and the industry about the commitment you made in earning your professional designation.
- Benefit from ACTA’s marketing programs promoting the Certified ACTA Travel Professional.
- Opportunity to be elected as a Regional Council Member representing CTC/CTM.
- Opportunity to be elected to the ACTA Board of Directors representing CTC/CTM on a National level.
- Receive our bi-weekly electronic newsletter, ACTAVision, keeping you up-to-date on current events and what’s happening in the travel industry.
- Access the Members Area of our website, which offers more detailed information on the issues ACTA is working on.
- Find ACTA on LinkedIn and Facebook providing another alternative to keeping in touch with the industry at all times.
- Network with peers at ACTA events including forums, golf tournaments and social functions.
- Special rate to attend Travel MarketPlace Conference.
- Access to the ACTA Campus resources including live industry webinars, Specialist programs and Air Canada Global Sales University.
- Special ACTA Member rates on events and continuing education courses.