To ensure consumers have professional and meaningful travel counselling by providing effective leadership in a number of key strategic areas on behalf of the retail travel industry members.
- Advocacy and Lobbying federal and provincial governments and national and multi-national corporations to ensure a positive environment exists for travel retailers to provide service to travel consumers.
- Communications & Public relations to government and travel industry partners to insure they are aware of the importance of the retail travel sector; to the general public to ensure they are aware of the benefits of using ACTA member retailers for their travel needs; and to members and non members to better equip them to manage their businesses.
- Perform and communicate Research which is relevant and meaningful to members and partners to enable them to better manage their businesses and work more effectively together.
- Facilitate or deliver Education and Training to further professionalize the retail travel sector and add greater value to travel consumers.
- Membership Development to ensure the greatest participation rate of the retail travel community in ACTA and maximum impact for businesses and consumers in Canada.
To serve as the focal point for the retail travel services industry, where ideas and resources are pooled into initiatives designed to create and maintain a healthy business and legislative environment in which the retail travel industry will thrive.
ACTA proudly represents and defends the interests of the retail travel services industry, a vibrant and sustainable sector well equipped to thrive during major economic cycles and to face the challenges of a constantly evolving travel industry.