Educate and Elevate – industry standards and professionalism through certification, accreditation and other learning opportunities
ACTA’s efforts and activities are ongoing. A quick update on some issues under our pillar, "Educate and Elevate", industry standards and professionalism through certification and other learning opportunities.
- Catering to travel professionals and suppliers alike, the Travel MarketPlace Conference provides the education, training and networking opportunities needed to grow your business. This is your chance to learn from dynamic industry and motivational speakers on how to become more profitable while keeping today’s consumer satisfied. You can’t afford to miss it! MORE INFO. You can read about this years event held in Toronto at TravelMarketReport.com. In 2018 we will be including Vancouver as a host of Travel MarketPlace.
- The Certified Travel Counsellor (CTC) exam preparation courses are now available online! By completing the modules Travel Agents will be prepared to pass the exam and complete the first step to receiving your professional designation of Certified Travel Counsellor (CTC). This professional achievement is recognized throughout Canada. Certification recognizes an individual's competence in their occupation and provides a marketable credential to use. Certification is the mark of excellence. Across Canada, over 30,000 individuals have chosen a career as a Travel Counsellor. Counsellors with a CTC (Certified Travel Counsellor) designation are recognized as being among the highest qualified travel agents. MORE INFO
- The ACTA Campus is now offering the SK and BC insurance liscensing exams. Travel Agents in Canada selling travel insurance to clients in the province of BC and SK are required to be licensed by the Insurance Council within the respective province. ACTA offers all that you need to comply with this regulation and become licensed. MORE INFO
- ACTA members can Explore and learn all about the Air Canada family, destinations, products and services through the ACTA Campus. Travel Agents can now complete the Air Canada Global Sales University curriculum and becoming a Certified Air Canada Expert (ACE). MORE INFO
- ACTA's 2017 NATIONAL STUDENT CONFERENCE is confirmed for Wednesday November 8 in Toronto. The conference will be a full day and begin 8:00 am and will host students and their professors enrolled in Travel and Torusim programs within colleges and universities accross Canada. We are working on the agenda and if you have any any questions email ACTA's Director of Education at email@example.com